Current:Home > reviewsFastexy:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Summit Capital Strategies
Fastexy:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Rekubit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 10:22:29
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Fastexy which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (24)
Related
- Alex Murdaugh’s murder appeal cites biased clerk and prejudicial evidence
- A U.S. couple is feared dead after their boat was allegedly hijacked by escaped prisoners in the Caribbean. Here's what to know.
- Don Henley says he never gifted lyrics to Hotel California and other Eagles songs
- Bachelor’s Joey Graziadei Shares Gilbert Syndrome Diagnosis Causing His “Yellow Eyes”
- Why Sean "Diddy" Combs Is Being Given a Laptop in Jail Amid Witness Intimidation Fears
- Food packaging containing toxic forever chemicals no longer sold in U.S., FDA says
- Trump appeals judge’s decision to remove his name from Illinois primary ballot
- Trump appeals judge’s decision to remove his name from Illinois primary ballot
- Biden administration makes final diplomatic push for stability across a turbulent Mideast
- SEC dominating the upper half of this week's Bracketology predicting the NCAA men's tournament
Ranking
- What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
- Kings of Leon talk upcoming tour and album, 'Sex on Fire' rise to fame: 'We got shots'
- The Dwight Stuff: Black astronaut Ed Dwight on 'The Space Race,' and missed opportunity
- 'I don't believe in space:' Texas Tech DB Tyler Owens makes bold statement at NFL combine
- Justice Department, Louisville reach deal after probe prompted by Breonna Taylor killing
- Judge blocks Texas law that gives police broad powers to arrest migrants who illegally enter US
- Salma Hayek Covers Her Gray Roots With This Unexpected Makeup Product
- Georgia House passes bill requiring police to help arrest immigrants after student’s killing
Recommendation
The company planning a successor to Concorde makes its first supersonic test
Cause of death for Adam Harrison, son of 'Pawn Stars' creator Rick Harrison, is released
Lawmakers bidding to resume Louisiana executions after 14-year pause OK new death penalty methods
Leaked gameplans? Jets tear into former teammate Mecole Hardman after podcast appearance
Former Syrian official arrested in California who oversaw prison charged with torture
In reversal, House Homeland Security chairman now says he’ll seek reelection to Congress
Former Bengals, Buccaneers RB Giovani Bernard announces death of newborn son
Judge blocks Texas law that gives police broad powers to arrest migrants who illegally enter US
Tags
Like
- Meet the volunteers risking their lives to deliver Christmas gifts to children in Haiti
- Delaware judge cites ‘evil’ and ‘extreme cruelty’ in sentencing couple for torturing their sons
- A Willy Wonka immersive experience turned out to be a partially decorated warehouse. Some parents were so angry, they called the police.